Fry size

Discofish

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2006
Hi, I have a 12 gal unplanted nano with 4 golden barbs and 3 plattys. Eight weeks ago one of the plattys had fry and I have managed to keep one alive in the tank but in a nursery box. How do I know when she is big enough to put in the general population? This will be the last fish I add so I want to do it right. Thanks for your help! *SUNSMILE*

Discofish

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks... that's what I was afraid of... I think she has a few more weeks left in her isolation box. She is over 1/2 an inch long but the other fish are about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches and sometimes they open their mouths to proportions I did not think possible! :eek:

Discofish

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks for the help! I will post when it's time for her big "coming out" party into the general population. The barbs are so friendly and school so well even with the platys I hope they welcome her too. She is a relly pretty little fish and I would really like her to be happy. *BOUNCINGS

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Just to let you know, I once put on of my frys in my main tank. It ended up being harrased and pushed around by the adult fish. I never found it again...

And the fry was at the size where it would not fit in the adult fishes' mouth.

Discofish

Small Fish
Oct 9, 2006
Placed the baby in with the big guys 3 days ago and she is doing wonderfully! She has grown even more and no one is giving her any challenges. I am so proud of my little fishy family! *BOUNCINGS