Full Blown Reef Tank for sale

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a 40 gallon breeder reef tank for sale, here are all the details.

85 lbs of Tonga, Fiji, and Caribbean rock.

Full clean up crew, including ~ 30 nassarius snails, mix of hermits, red leg, blue leg, and a few scarlets. ~ 25, Astrea snails (not sure how many), a breeding population of Margarita snails, 1 Pencil urchin, and all the various pods and worms that come with a 3 year old established tank.

Fish and other Inverts:

1 pair of breeding True Percs, and 1 unidentified, sand sifting, watchman goby.

2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 pistol Shrimp, that has paired with the goby, although the goby occasionally wanders.

Corals: 1 Big euphylia, aprox. 8 inches across, 6 inches wide, 4 inches high.
1, hammer coral that was in another tank and was damaged badly but have managed to save part of it ( has been healthy and stable for 3-4 months, and the clowns now host in it). Lots of various mushrooms, and quite a few small to medium sized leather corals.

Equipment: This was an SPS tank, have sold off all my sps but it is perfectly set up for SPS,

lighting : 1 Sunpod 36" 2X150 watt MH 14K

Protein Skimmer: 1 aqua-c remora with the pump upgrade, and surface skimmer attachement.

2 Seio power heads, one model # 620 and one model # 820

1 titanium heater.

This is what I have used to run the tank for the last 3 years or so, it is simple and easy, requiring less than 1 hour of work per week.

Extras: Refractometer, hydrometer, Timer, Rio 2100, Maxi Jet 1200, various water tests, additives, and coral fragging equipment, 1 mag float, extra food (dry and frozen) towels, tubes, back up batter powered air pump, 4 - 18 gallon containers for transport and water changes, 3- 5 gallon buckets for water storage or water changes, some extra salt (maybe 40 gallons worth)

painted black, custom made stand.

Also included: 48" PC light 260 watt 4 x 65 power compacts, (only half works, needs a new balast, very minor repair then good as new, bulbs only 6 months old) plus 40 gallon long tank and stand.

ASKING PRICE FOR EVERYTHING: $1200.00 (must be able to pick up in BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS, will not ship)

Last edited:

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I would take the drive and pick it up if only I had the room to put it. had a heck of a time just trying to figure out where to put my 55 gal let alone another big tank. man I would love to have that tank.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
anyone interested in taking the whole tank for $700.00? I Have sold all the livestock and clean up crew, but lights, LR, corals, tank, skimmer, powerheads, and extras are still available. I am not however, including the empty 40 gallon long and stand.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok so no one has bought it, decided to try $500.00, it is a ridiculous deal....but I am tired of taking care of it with my very few free moments. it does not include the empty 40 long or the stand for that, but everything else is included.