Garlic guard!!!!!!!!

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
OK im pissed off.My powder brown tang had ich and we started adding garlic to the tank.Well the fish did not make it but we where still adding it to the tank for the fish.OK now i got like 4 corals that are not looking good at all..Its the frog spawn,xenia,stare polyps and the leather mushroom.I was adding a cap full every night when i would feed them and thats when the corl started to look real bac.Everything in my water is good.Itested it then i had it tested just to make sure.What sould i do?Should i just go ahead and do a major water chang?Im in a hole right now.I dont want to lose any of my coral.So if yall could help that would be great..

Thanks

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well here is why you should use a QT. I dont understand why people don't instantly get the idea behind a QT, it is a very simple idea. You treat a fish in it so the things your using to treat said fish don't affect the main tank.....thats the solution to your problems, it sounds like your adding too much of the stuff as well. A water change should help.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Don't add that stuff directly to the tank only soak your food in it over night before feeding it. That is why your tank is going bad. I would do a water change like 50% and stop putting it directly in the tank and just soak the food over night and then drain the liquid and only put in the food.