General Question

May 29, 2006
Sussex, NJ
After taking my puffer back to the lfs i have decided to get 3 or maybe more Red twinbar swordtail and 3 or more Gold dust molly. Should i maybe get more. Does anyone have any ideas and they should be compatible. Thanks for your imput.

May 29, 2006
Sussex, NJ
it is a 37 gallon with 2 filters. I will soon be getting a 55 gallon soon and want to get a bio-wheel as i have 2 box filters. My water though is crystal clear and everything is right where it is supposed to be. I have 1 pleco, the common kind in a fish store, and 5 crayfish. I could move them though so i am looking for some nice fish. I want a colony of the swordtail and the molly as they are very appealing to me. I want maybe 3-6 of each kind. Your input is greatly appreciated.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
They should get along fine. Remember that swordtails (males in particular) are really good jumpers so make sure you've got a good hood on the tank. Also, you'd want a ratio of 1 male to 2-3 females, so that the male doesn't constantly pester one female... it spreads his affection out so the females can get a break. The crayfish should take care of any fry, so you shouldn't have an overpopulation problem from the females.