Gental betta?

HAAA

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2008
Inland Empire
I have the gentalist betta ever it wont even eat feeder fish my Danios had to eat them and i put a female in their he isnt even looking at her :D

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Danios don't need and shouldn't eat feeder fish.
Infact you shouldn't feed ANY fish feeder fish unless it's nessesary for their diet. Feeders are a quick way to introduce parasites and disease into your tank unlees you raise them yourself.

HAAA

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2008
Inland Empire
i got them from my lfs and they have the healthies fish,they even have a quarantine tank how many wal-marts,petcos and petsmarts do you see that have that,and the feeder fish were for my female and male betta

Last edited:

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
If he's bored that doesn't mean he needs to eat a fish though. Please keep in mind these are fish that eat mosquito larva. Their stomachs are the size of one of their eyes.

The best thing to do when your fish are bored is to rearrange the tank or add something new for them to explore. Betta's though, particularly male bettas actually like to just float in a plant and be lazy little lions lording over their turf. They live longer when they're calmer. Having them puffed up and flaring all the time is stressful for them.

Adding some dither for them to chase after now and then is one thing but throwing in a fish and expecting them to kill it and eat it really isn't reasonable. Even if he did kill it it would rot in your tank and pollute it.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
THey do. Naturally they eat insects and insect larva. If you want to give him a high protien food try frozen blood worms or brine shrimp.