German Blue Ram Color Change HELP!

mr jigga

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2007
Hey All i recently got some GBRs at my LFS and they were doing fine when i had them in my 20g i recently switched them over to my 55g and well one of them looks fine but the larger one has lost its color. It seems his/her i dunno how to sex them only stands out when he/she is eating I have some images

Here is the one where his/her color is sooo light now

This is the image of the lil homie where the colors really stand out

Any feedback willl be great thanks

jobeak

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sligo, Ireland
Water quality is a big factor with these little guys. Check your water params as they need almost perfect water quality to show their true colours. Also make sure that no other fish are picking on him/her.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Your fish actually looks very ill. As was said above, do an immediate large water change. GBR's also need warm temps, around 80-82, so that would affect their colors. What is the temp, PH, and water parameters of this tank? Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of GBRs are pumped up with hormones before being sold since they don't develop colors until they are older. The hormones could just be wearing off since the ram appears to be young. I think this is more of a water/temp issue if not an illness though.

mr jigga

Small Fish
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks

Thanks for the reply Water temp was at around 84 I lowered it and will see if there is any change I did notice one thing when i turn the lights on the color comes back but when the lights go off the colors fades like that image shown Thanks guys