getting new tank

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
Hi.

i am getting a new 3 ft tank for my trops. at the moment thay are in a 10 gall tank abt 1 foot long by 2 foot high roughthly. my question is how do i move the trops into the new tank. can i take them out and put them in a bucket of aqquariam water form the 10 gal tank setup the 3 ft tank then replace fish along with old aquairam water into the 3 ft tank and fill the rest up with declorinated water. the dose it up with some safe water (simila to bio spira). of will i have to let the 3 ft tank cycle b4 adding the fisk fif so im stuck as i do not have the room for 2 tanks.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
If you move over everything from the 10 gallon to the 30 gallon, you should have no cycle issues at all since you are transferring all of the bacteria colonies iliving on the gravel, ornaments, plants, and filter. The only bacteria colonies not making the move will be the ones on the inside glass of the 10gallon tank.

Kuroshio

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2005
washington
Visit site
yep delta is right, have to move the substrate, filter, rocks, etc. over and with them the bacteria. Might want to make sure the water in the bucket is heated while they are in there, to reduce stress, and O2 isn't a bad idea.

Good luck

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
well i have got the tank.. it kinda old well what do i expect for a tenner £10.
#
its 3ft abt 30+gal. will be moving the fish tmorrow. the tank has a int filter a fluval 4 its abt 1ft long :eek: and i have no idea how to mount if to the tank as it has no suction pads. is the any way of botching this so it stickes to the tank of can i get a mounting kit. btw compareds to my little 10 gal this thing is enormas!!! ;eek: