Ghost shrimp+ blood eyed tetras?

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
I have a 10g tank and I am planning to add about 2 ghost shrimp with my 4 Blood eyed tetras. Is it a good idea? Do they have any special needs, etc..

~Tomas

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
My LFS did not have any shrimp... Horrible, to bad Petco is the only fish store around lol.

~Tomas

Edit, I saw a snail there with an orange shell for $2.25 What kind is it?

Last edited:

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
IDunnoWhy said:
That sucks, are they going to order more in? Or are you gonna just say "the heck with it"?
I read up on them a lot and really wanted a few. They don't have a section for them, but, a few weeks ago I saw them scattered over a few tanks across the stores.

~Tomas

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Tomas said:
I read up on them a lot and really wanted a few. They don't have a section for them, but, a few weeks ago I saw them scattered over a few tanks across the stores.

~Tomas
Yea most of the LFS here, don't really have a "shrimp tank" they just toss them in various tanks throughout the stores.

IMO, I would see if you can find Cherry Shrimp. They have color, look better than Ghost Shrimp, require the same needs, and does the same job as Ghost Shrimp. But pick some up cause they will clean up extra food.

Mystery snails are great. With a Snail/Shrimp combo you will never see algae on the snails shell(it happened to me, dont ask lol).

Petsmart has them in with Female Guppies and Zebra Danios over here lol. I would think they would just throw them in the tank. But they sell quick.