Giant Danios Question

raseii

Small Fish
Mar 28, 2005
Hi,
I have a tank with 3 Giant Danios in it. When I go to feed the fish, it seems like the Danios eat all the food before anyone else gets a chance to eat anything. Sometimes I try to feed the Danios on one side of the tank and I hurry up and try to feed the others on the other side but it just does not work out too well. Does anyone else here have Giant Danios that do the same thing and if so, how do you get everyone fed before the danios eat everything.
Thanks

Sep 16, 2004
Fort McMurray, AB
Visit site
I have a school of giant danios in one of my aquariums and have the same issue. They're pretty quick to eat whatever is in site. I love them for that though. They actually come right out of the water and hit my aquarium hood during feeding time. Lucky for me most of my fish have learned to be just as greedy so that they can eat. One trick you may try is finding something that danios don't like. My danios won't touch sinking pellets or algae waffers...so that allows my loaches to get plenty of food. My loaches LOVE algae wafers!! I've never actually seen my danios take food off the bottom of the tank...so anything that sinks to the bottom is usually safe from their maws.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
You might try soaking some of the food before you feed it. That way, it'll sink faster and some of the other fish can eat if underneath the danios, while they're focused on the top.