GIGANTOR!!!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Ok maybe he only seems like that too me. *twirlysmi Anywayz, I finally got some pics of my BIG Eel. Sry for the quality but I was trying to feed him (partially to coax him out and partially cause I was trying to put my 2 new Feather Dusters in and he was going after them thinking they were food, so I assumed that he was hungry :p) and make sure that he got the fish and not me and take a pic at the same time. Not easy just so you know. And he strired up some sand. Well here he is :D

My blenny (in the back) is about 3-5 inches (Ive never meassured him)!!!!

I posted this one cause it shows his pretty tummy :)

Thought this was a neat angle. My Clown is about 2 inches.

I had to save the best for last :D
Its a little deceiving because of the angle but I meassured this fish before I fed it to him and it 4 1/4 inches (one of the biggest silversides Ive seen by the way)!!!

Also the top fin was VERY small when he went into his "hibernating" time.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
The only inverts that are "safe" with an Eel are those that either have a shell (i.e. Snails and Hermits) or that have a spiny body (i.e. Urchins...). Also Eels can eat small fish. I have been lucky with mine in that he has been "trained" to eat from my hand and only my hand. When my hand is in the tank, whether I have food in it or not, and he is hungry he comes out to my hand. But I have to know that with his size now that the tank is his and anything can happen. I dont think that getting an eel would be in your tanks best interest.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Yeah he has hit us with his "beak" before but never really bit. (I say beak cause the nose part of the Eel is actually hard) We tryh and feed him the bigger fish and save the smaller ones for the animals that dont/cant really bite (i.e. Anenomie, Other Inverts and the Sea Star)The neat thing is feeling the power that he has if you dont let go of the fish quick enough. :eek:

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks. The only fish that I am worried about is the Dottyback cause he is soo small and the Gobies cause of their shape and the fact that they somewhat share a den with the Eel (both under the right mound). The others are pretty safe. The Tang cause of his shape and the Clown cause of the Anenomie. At least I think. :eek:

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
WOW!! Now thats big!! I dont think that this guy is going to make it that big. I think that he is almost done growing. Can you see all the yellow in him??? Thats what attracted me to him the day I bought him. All of the other Snowflake Eels that I have seen have been more black and white with little yellow. But he has a ton of yellow on him. I just love this guy!! :D