glow light tetra

May 28, 2006
1 of my glowlight tetras wont come out of hiding he ids hinding under a rock. i just fed them and he still didnt com4e out. whats wrong. thanks

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
cody8304 said: im now down to one neon and he just hides under the rocks.
cody8304 said: 1 of my glowlight tetras wont come out of hiding he ids hinding under a rock.
Would seem to me that you need to get rid of this rock of death.

LOL just kidding. If these are the fish from Walmart? You may be seeing signs of things to come. He could also just be scared after being put in a tank. Is he a lone glow light or did you also get him a proper school?

Your tank is just at 2 months old. Did your cycle ever complete? What are your current readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

May 28, 2006
there is 3 of them the others died over night. i have a few tiger barbs and red eyed tetras in there with them. amonia is 0, dont know about the nitrites and nitrates. this is there first day in the tank.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
You will need more than 3 if your tank has room for them. They need to be kept in groups of at least 6, more would even be better.

Also take your water to the LFS and have them test for nitrites. At this point your cycle should be done, but I've seen people who's tanks have taken longer than 2 months.