goby/pistol shrimp pair

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i was wondering what type of each i will need... and it is possible for them to pair once in my tank right?
i just got a yellow clown goby so can i just get a pistol shrimp and they pair?? if so what type so i can have my lfs order one for me

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
also my gurl came home with a black perc .... ive read that they can be kept in a tank with other clown??? is this right?? and if so do you think itll get along with my tomato clown??? the reason i ask is im thinking about combining my 30 and 55 gallon tanks (to try n downsize on tanks) and i wanted to know if it would be possible to keep these fish together

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
more pictures tre!

its my understanding that clowns generally don't get along with each other if they are of different species and not introduced to each other when they are young...but perhaps it is only the maroon clown that is aggressive to other clowns and fishes...I don't quite recall right now

lucky you on the black perc! I've been wanting a pair of those forever.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
even in the 55 though?? the tomato is in the 30 so it would be introduce after the black perc if that makes a diff
but yea my lfs was having this huge xmas sale and she came home with a bunch of stuff each under $20
pink anthia
yellow cown goby
black perc
bangia cardinal
bicolor angel

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yes you need a watchman gobie........yellow watchman, wheelers gobie are a couple.....I have a wheelers gobie paired with a tiger pistol shrimp. They were paired up in the store when I bought them as to getting them to pair when you get them separately......I think if you put some pvc under the sand and they find each other they will......mine are never apart.....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well i had that anenome crab just die so now i have this huge shell with little anenomes on it and i thought it would be cool if they paired up under there....so i need to ask for a paired watchman goby and a pistol shrimp???