goden wonder killie

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hello i saw some golden wonder killies in a tank at petsmart and realy licked them. would 1 killie do fine in a 2.5 gallon? and do these live longer than one year? :confused:

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I would definitely NOT advise you to be licking fish from PetSmart, as their tanks are not the cleanest IMHO.

Seriously though, wonders killies get too big to be i a tank that size. they will terrorize the other fish, demanding to be top dog. but man they sure are good looking fish. I have 2 of them, and had to separate them as they fought violently. My alpha actually chased another one out of the tank entirely. *Covered up that little hole so it won't happen again* These fish can (are) very territorial. They need room. He has even chased the dwarf gouramis away from the surface.

This guy might find himself in an ice-cube tray someday.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
wat would be a small killi fish that is commonly sold. the killis at petsmart were not that same shade of yellow though. they were like a gold/ bronze killi. wat would this killi be ?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hard to say. But I kept a pair of gardneri in a big , wide (14 inches approx) 2 1/2 gallon bowl with just a heater and they produced a ton of fry over a 2 year period.
So I say get a pair in there with a piece of driftwood and a load of java moss and enjoy. When I broke the tank down I had 8 of various sizes in there. I changed a litre or two of water every couple of days, very easy to maintain

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
I'm with Wayne, Gardneri Killies have great color and are fairly small. They are hard to find from stores, sometimes LFS have them. The best way to get a hold of them is to get in touch with your local Killie Association, there's one in almost every city.