Going to do it...

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I would say no. Generally a very bad idea to put guppies with a betta. They have long fins and one will likely pick on the other. If you want a pal for your betta how about an apple snail?? Or an ADF?

RISK2123

Medium Fish
Aug 29, 2006
L.A. Cali
yeah females can be aggressive and anything with longer type fins will most likely get picked on. theres really alot of fish that u could mix in with her. but i wouldnt recomend any guppies either.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Honestly a mm platy would be better...BUT what size tank are we talkin about here? I'd vote for something that isn't a fish because I think we're talking about a 1 gallon tank. Harlies are great fish and they would probably be ok with your female betta, but they need to be in a group and there's definitely not room in a 1, probably not even room for them in a 5.

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
FroggyFox said:
Honestly a mm platy would be better...BUT what size tank are we talkin about here? I'd vote for something that isn't a fish because I think we're talking about a 1 gallon tank. Harlies are great fish and they would probably be ok with your female betta, but they need to be in a group and there's definitely not room in a 1, probably not even room for them in a 5.
Absolutely right, of course.... I overlooked the part about the one gallon tank. :)