Going to fish store soon....what are some good fish to buy

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
there are really a fair number of options for a 20...have you considered checking out some websites/books for things which appeal to you and then asking here when you have some ideas? the clowns is the standard answer, and they are fun fish, but sometimes i think people fail to explore all of the alternatives thoroughly

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
go get a book on nanos or on SW fish, rent it from the library if you dont want to buy them....do some legwork your self, the options are too numerous to list. that is if none of the previous suggestions suited your fancy.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
You really need to get some books and work it out for yourself - Scott Michaels pocket guide would be good and cheap (<20?). Recommending fish for you is pretty ridiculous as I don't know your tastes, and it's your tank, not mine.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I am helping you - it's just not really possible for us to pick fish for you - what if you don't like our selection? You have to educate yourself as to your possabilities.

For instance I will never recommend anyone to get common or perc clowns as frankly I don't like them, and I'm not thrilled by gobies either. But any of the larger, more interesting clowns is a bit big for a 20. I do like dwarf angels, and I think you should get a bicolour blenny, give the tank another 3 or 4 months without any more fish, then get a centropyge argi or similar.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
look at it this way: you wouldn't want us to pick out a couch or a coffee table for you right? we don't know your style! we can't very will pick out fish for you either then because of the same problem