Gold Gourami in a tank with feeder fish!

Feb 20, 2008
I brought home what was supposed to be a bag of 5 feeder fish the other day, but the guy at the LFS scooped up a net full for the price of 5, so I got stuck with about 15. Since then, my Cichlids have eaten 5 or so, but they are in the little 10 gallon tank with my Gold Gourami in the mean time.

Will this do any harm to my Gourami? I don't want to lose him over some stupid feeder fish!

noob23

Large Fish
Dec 17, 2007
SoCal
Little feeders with a gourami? They could be carrying diseases, look at the tanks they live in. You should probably do a wc just to be safe. But other than that, they will be fine. Just make sure those feeders get eaten, cause if you let them grow, they can get pretty big.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
just my opinion here....if you need feeders..setup or use an existing tank to breed live bearers since feeders carrying disease can pass diseases to the fish eating them.

I wouldnt add those into your 10g just because a fish looks healthy doesnt mean it is, you would still need to quarintine. May sound cruel but i would throw them away since you didnt pay any extra for them.