gold gourami problem again

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well last night the little guy was spinning around in circles and today when i turned the tank light on he was doing it again but he was spinning into everything,what is the matter with the little fella?

Since last time i checked he was spinning i've since then checked again and i haven't been able to find him ;-; i'm worried.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

My tank readings are as the following:
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
temp is 80 *trying to clear up my ick*
and it's the 30 gallon tank.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Yikes, spinning is not good. Unfortunately, your tank is overstocked. While it is overstocked, your fish may have gotten a bit nippy and/or territorial. Are you sure the gourami hasn't been nipped or injured in some way? I would highly suggest moving some of those fish out of there, specifically seperating the gourami and bettas.

Spinning can have a number of causes. Does the fish look actually injured? Weak? or just sick? Check its fins and see if they are all there. Are its eyes cloudy? Is it eating? Any discoloration on the body?

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
Yep, your tank is a bit overcrowded to say the least ! if you can move the sick fish to a quarantine tank or something it would help and maybe the fis would survive

How often do you do water changes ?

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
The female betta and the gourami are both fine together and ignore one another,the gourami did have a problem with getting it's feeler caught but it seemed fine after wards,the spinning only started last night and theirs no nips,no wounds etc the sore feeler it does have a nipped fin but i got it that way.And my tank is a bit overcrowded i know,i do water changes every week sometimes twice a week if i can,i put a Hob filter on my tank and i'm running my ugf as well,and the gold gourami was spose to be just temporarily in their till i get a new 55 gal tank and cycle it in April after my family moves.The gourami is not aggressive in any way at all and i'm not willing to move anyone since my tank has suddenly devoped Ick as if i could i have no tanks i could move anyone to.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I would do an immediate water change. That usually perks fish up. Especially with such a high bio-load.

It is unfortunate that you are unwilling to move any of the fish. Their very lives may depend on that action...

Edit: I see the gourami has died. Please consider doing a water change anyways and moving some of those fish out of there.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well like i said the tank parameters were perfectly fine and i did a w/c the day before,but i do believe i know the culprit that may have stressed her to death.My orange platy is being a very trouble some fish i have no where to take him and i would not want him going back to wal-mart and my lps has closed down.

And by unwilling i mean i'm not gonna risk spreading the ick to other tanks which would be terribly stupid.As if any of my other tanks would even accept any other fish, my minnows are plain evil and will bully any other fish put in with them and my betta who has a nice 5 gallon tank does not like sharing.

And also my platy has been a trouble maker before.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Thats what i am doing,i'm saving up my own money every month to buy a 55 gallon tank but the problem is the house my family lives in is so small that it can't handle another tank set up.Thats why In April of this year when my family moves, all my fish will have updated living quarters after it is cycled that is.

Also my tank is not overstocked since i've lost my poor gourami.