I want to know some low matience tank cleaning creatures

Fishs
Shrimps
Snales

for a community 30 gallon freshwater tank

nrstype

Medium Fish
May 5, 2008
Depends on "what" you are wanting to clean.

Otos are great tiny algae eaters, small, stay small, low maintenance, must have some algae to eat.

Plecos (NOT recomended, they do eat stuff off the bottom, but get huge, and produce a massive amount of waste.. ).. I know, I have TWO that are 14 " long.

MTS (Malaysian Trumpet snails) like tom91970 stated, keep the substrate clear, stir it up, eat old stuff, and even a dead fish if falls on the gravel. Good overall cleaners of the bottom, and they reproduce like mad on their own.

Mystery snails, or apple snails, eat left over food well, and some algae on the walls, but may munch on some plants if you have a planted tank. I have two in a nano setup with plants, and they do not eat any of the living stuff, just the dead leaves.

Shrimps, amano, ghost, etc.. some are better than others at eating a particular item (algae, left overs, etc... ) you can do some research on them. But may become a pricey snack for a larger fish, be careful what you put them with.

Again, like the others stated, some type of Cories, adds interest, movement, attractive, and scavenge food off the bottom, don't eat algae though.

Choose what WON'T get eaten by others in your community.

Flag fish, are great for hair algae issues, and they are attractive and eat flake food also. (One male per tank, along with however many females).

So.. Just depends WHAT you want to clean.
:)

For a general community tank, I like snails and cories, and if there are any algae type issues on plants etc, I like adding Oto's.

Last edited: