Good deal?

Jennifer

Large Fish
May 11, 2006
Guelph, ON
I have found this really beautiful tank for $350 but I can't decide to buy it (I really shouldn't spend the money!). It's a 60G long with a great black wooden cabinet stand. Comes with a glass flourescent canopy, canister filter, heater, rock, plants, etc. I am frustrated because I bought a 10G tank on sale for $40 but it's really a piece of garbage and far too small. By the time I was through buying a stand, heater and plants I probably paid $150! And the canopy is a incandescent so I would either have to buy flourescent lights or a new canopy (upwards of $60). I am considering returning everything and getting this other tank. Is it a good deal? I know there are better deals in bigger cities but I really don't want to drive out of my way.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Hello

I think $350 is a little high. But if it looks good and you dont want to drive out of your way plus you have the money then I would suggest go for it. Or you could bargain and ask the seller to lower the price amusing it is a private seller. If you think you can get some money out by selling the 10 gallon one then I think you should go for it. But $350 is Very high. I purchased everything for my 55 gallon seprately (used) and spent about $100 total. Got My tank for free from Craigs list www.Craigslist.org. Cleaned it up spray painted the trims black. And bought the stand and canopy for $30. It took me 3 to 4 weeks to find everything and get them together. It was worth the wait. Well Do what you think is best for you financially etc..