Good fish for a 29 gal tall tank?

Sep 6, 2009
Detroit
I just set-up a new 29 gallon tall tank and I'm looking for ideas for middle and top water fish to add after the cycle..it is a filter off one of my 10 gal..bought a 50 gal filter knowing I was going to upgrade..and added water and gravel from the 10 gal w/ 5 gal of water from another tank so my cycle should not take long..can u say MTS!!! Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
An angel may work as a centrepiece, it'd appreciate the height. However, most shoaling species that like the upper areas (guppies, danios, many tetras, rasboras) are a bit small and may be snacked on by a hungry angel.

Personally I'd get a couple of pearl gouramis, and some harlequin rasboras, or maybe a mixed shoal of male guppies. If it's tetras you're after, I'd go with pristella, or neons, or lemon tetras.

Alternatively, as long as you don't keep anything with long fins, you could have a nice shoal of tiger barbs. However, if you do want fish with long fins, opt for more peaceful barbs, such as rubies.

Sep 6, 2009
Detroit
Thanks all for the input..as an angelfish would be cool for a centerpiece I think I would rather have schoaling fish...I think I will put 5 tigerbarbs, a type of chiclid and maybe some of my baby mickey mouse platies when they get bigger...tetras are ok but I already have 2 neons in another tank..maybe some zebra danios...as misterking put I think blood parrots and angelfish are out due to swimming space