good nano fish

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i want to make a tank for a friend but she doesnt have a huge tank so wat kind of fish do you recommend for a 5g or smaller?

small and easy to take care of.

i was thinking about clowns but they seem to be too common =/

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
a clown would probably be the only thing you could do..but i think he may outgrow the tank. with a 5g you might be able to do a yellow tail chromis, which are pretty i think. but it would mainly have to be an invert tank and what not

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i was actually thinking about polys and flags but i dont think she'll like looking at ocean plants and rocks.

i personally dont like damsel...

wat do u think about Clown Goby (if i can fine one yellow)?? they get about 2" which is good

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
that'll be cool Tre but maybe later once the tank is established. thos gobys dont come cheap...

lol i was acutally thinking about BTA and clowns....but at my LFS they have some anemones and clowns in thos 3g display tanks.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
CoolWaters said:
i was acutally thinking about BTA and clowns....but at my LFS they have some anemones and clowns in thos 3g display tanks.
weve already been through this.. anemones dont belong in a nano tank especialy a 5g or under ....btw the tank at the lfs prolly gets weekly/daily water changes to make that possible :p
oh yea my watchman goby was only $16 and so was my pistol shrimp so around $30 for both *thumbsups

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree with Tre any nano is way way too small for an anemone. Besides, the water parameter fluctuations that are bound to happen in a tank that small would undoubtedly do in a nem in no time at all. They require pristine water conditions and and established tank with really good light.

Clowns are too small for a 5g also, in fact I wouldn't put one in a 10g. The only thing I would think about in a 5 would be as Fool said....neon gobie, clown gobie or a yashi gobie & shrimp pair....