Good news sort of

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Went along way towards getting approval for the new tank today, bought the wife a new car *SUNSMILE*. The sort of part lol, I traded my truck in to get the new car and that ment, I had to bring my new dosing pumps, mixing jugs and all of the chemicals into the house in one shot instead of a piece at a time :p so she might not catch on. I will be driving her old car now but it was in better shape than my truck was, thats why I traded the truck. Her old car, which is now my new car, is a 2003 Monte Carlo, but it only had 29,000 miles on it with new tires and just about everything new under the hood except the engine block. Anyway, I got approval for the new tank when I get the money. *SUNSMILE*

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
sweet! what are the measurments going to be? i know you said you want 30" front to back which is what my 300g was! btw that car aint bad at all!

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
What I want is 60x30x24, LOL I want bigger but this will be plenty big enough. After I get the controler the tank will be next. She wanted one of the new Camaros. but I told her she has to many Grand kids for that.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
too bad your not closer! theres a really good tank builder down here (reefsavy) hes a member of our club and builds some really nice tank for alot of the guys around here

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I took your advice and checked with the tank builder about having the Cali Overflow box mounted on the outside of the back glass, no problem. The man at the LFS said he mounted his on the inside so that he could get that lip added to it so that he could place frags on the lip. Its a good idea but he dosn't have any of those big snails in the tank going along shoving everything off the lip. I have three 250w MH in the 125 so if I can get by with two in the new tank, I will have a back up light and an extra ballist.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
LOL I have been watching that build, first class stand and tank. I really like that smoked glass on the back panel. I wonder if they would ship a tank, I will send them an E Mail.

Last edited: