Good RO unit?

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Hi everyone.
Im trying to find a good RO unit for my sw nano. Im sick of all the algae. The corals are also doing badly. My shrooms are like floating off my zoas wont open my xenia died and also i bought a beadlet anemone (which stay very small about 2 inches) a while ago which yesterday, died!.
Im sure this must be due to my tap water.
Anyway, does this look like a good RO unit to you? Its brand new and if i "buy it now" it converts to $122. Seems like a really good deal to me and it looks like a quality unit. I just wanted your opinions too.

edit: no need for link now, ive bought it already :)

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
tapwater isnt why things are dying on you ... more than likely the cause of your algae problems though ... im gonna be ordering an r/o unit this week aswell only im shooting for a 5 stage ;)

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
so then, why are things dying on me? only thing i can think of is the tapwater.
But yeah the algae is BAD seriously, it gets everywhere and is so ugly so even if i can get rid the majority of that with RO, then RO here i come lol.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
It was quite easy to set up really. My dad did it for me and it took about 30 mins. Its not the setting up thats hard, its understanding HOW to set it up that is. Once you've got that all figured out, its really easy.
At the moment its in my garage and im just letting the RO water go into a bucket when i need it. But soon we are getting a sink in the garage and everything and i think i will get a tap (faucet) for it so we can use it for drinking water

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
oh ... mine has 2 outputs 1 for the tank and 1 for drinking water .... between that and hooking up the float valve its just kinda overwhelming.... on the site i ordered it from it says "easy as installing a new sink" just to bad i dont know how to do that either *crazysmil