Got a fat bubble

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Yep..it seems to like the mh. I'm having hard time to reduce the flow over this coral. My aquascaping isn't very cool to place new corals. Hey during the night the tentacles are looong ! Good thing i knew it would need a good distance between this baby and my zoos/star polyps. So fun to check at night. Hope it'll acclimate well and make the 7" like at the store.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah, the sweepers on those bad boys get ridiculous...putting it in an area of low flow will reduce the number of sweepers i believe (i can verify that for you)

i am sure it will be just fine and fully expand in a week or so...just needs time to adjust. got a full tank shot with that puppy in there?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
borneman tells me they bubbles will expand much more under lower flow and feeding will greatly increase the speed at which they grow.

so, how much did you drop for this guy? $80 CAD or so? (thats about $65 USD for the other Americans)

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
65 $ tax...approx 75 CDN. Kinda hurt the wallet, but i couldn't resist.
The ol'timer at the store got a wonderful shipment..almost bought a green hammer...but it was 85 $ + 15.6 % tax. The big problem at this store is that prices are never the same for every person. Prices aren't written for corals.
Last year he probably would have asked me like 100 bucks. Kind of a newbie screwer.
I'll try to ajust my cam for a full tank shot..everytime i tried so far..not enough exposure. My cam shutter speed sucks big time. Tired of taking too dark pics ( without ugly flash ).

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yeah, it's becoming a reef . I would really consider it a reff if : i had more real good LR ( got like 77 pounds of rock, mostly UNporous base rock...heavy as a hummer so it looks much much less ), and if i buy bigger corals. Got lot of frags.