Got a prob.w/my coral

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont reamber if yall reamber when i posted on here about frogspawn haveing some fnk on it.well that is no longer now another one of my corals has it and i need to do something fast as hell because we have put alot of money in this tank and i dont want to lose anything else over this disease.Its nsaty looking and it has long strings comming off of it and i dont know if that is the disease are if its just the coral falling apart.We are talking about this just happend within 24 hours its was dead.So if there is anything i can do to not lose any more of my coral PLEASE let me know..

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
looks like bubble coral to me if its the pink thing in the center you are talking about...have you done a massive water change? that should probably be your first recourse. it sounds like bad water quality to me just because everything is so dramatically affected and a large (75%) water change might help. beyond that, have you checked the temp? have you added anything new/weird/chemical to the tank? used windex on the glass? put your hands in there after using soap? anything at all?

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
About 4 weeks ago our frogspawn had the same thing. We had our water tested and evetrything was great. Since then we have added 3 more pieces of coral a xenia, a pearl bubble and a padagoda and had our water tested again with the same results. Everything else in the tank is doing very well. We just dont understand.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah...no kidding...every time you add stuff it exacerbates any problems. why not give the tank a few months to be sure everything is stable. plus, LPS do tend to be the most aggressive corals out there so if they are in close proximity to each other (as they seem to be in your image) they will sting the crud out of each other