Got any IDEA'S

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I have a 40 gallon tank with about 60 lbs of live rock with 2 bak paks and an aqua clear 300 on it with 2 200 heaters and a power head.

Then off of that tank i have 2 more 40 gallons on either side surrounding my chair. in one tank i have a mated pair of maroon gold strip clown. ( that wont have baby) but ANYWAY the other tank has nothing in it and i was wondering if anyone hand an idea of what i sould put into that tank - i want something rare for it but not to expensive.

Also if there are any hints on my other two tanks being hooked up. all of my levels are good and nitrate is perfect but maybe your ideas will be in my living room.

any info will help THANKS

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
40 Gallons tall or long?
The most 'different' cheap tank I have seen was Julian Sprungs refugium (pictures only). This was just jammed with live rock and macro algae,, and compared to most reefs was very green in colour. But there was a ton of colour, and stuff going on.
I kind of feel most tanks built round an individual 'wierd ' fish will likely get boring quickly. I tihnk the real novelty is to be gained by trying a biotope display other than the usual 'reef crest'.

Oddly I've just ploughed through Palettas new book, Ultimate Reef Aquariums and found most of those tanks extremely poorly aquascaped, and many were very, very samey. A little disappointing.

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
WAYNE, That is a very good point and Thank you too sam but what could i have in the tank with a lot of algea and live live rock all of my tanks are FWOLR. so i have a good amount of algea to look at. usually if its purple it stays, i have a sponge type algea that is purple and it covers almost an entire piece of live rock.

40 long for live rock and two 40 tall's on either side.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited: