Got fry..a lot of baby scarlet skunks

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
and i need to feed them. They are always hiding under rubbles, and it's hard to reach them..they seems to grow with flake and phytoplankton. Does anyone know the frequency of the feeding 'cause i've been generous and want to minimize that. I tried wetwebmedia and they just tell what you can give 'em, not how many times.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
I would love to know if theres a secret, judging how there 34$ at my lfs If i could get some going I could make a interesting buisness ;) ahah.

Are you trying to raise them for your tank?

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
generally, they breed like crazy, you will see them with eggs all the time, but they are very difficult to get out of the fry stage. seprate tanks and special food are very necessary

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
my 2 skunks are always pregnant but this is the first time that i actually see the kids, not only the eggs. I know about getting them in another tank/container but i only managed to get one with a syphon. Will try some cyclop-eeze maybe to feed 'em.
Yeah i wish i could raise them for the tank..but no wonder they are pricy, there's not a great survival rate.

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i kinda tough of that..if they like similar shape pods..but those young shrimps are not swimming in dangerous areas...they only stay in the rubbles ( for now ), where the mom can't reach them. I read they usually swim toward the light, but not in this case. I saw a baby shrimp bigger than others ( like 1 cm ) and its skeleton was showing colors.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Well the firefish and chromis will pick at pods.

You can feed as often as you can AND not mess up your water. But you'll find that quite a high maintenance business. You need to figure what they're eating, and pile it in and hope for the best