Got my 1st female betta!!

Scarab

Medium Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Just had to share. Bought my first female betta yesterday. Pinkie's barely an inch...teeny little thing. Cute as a button. :)

Just had to share.

Oh and as you can see below, Solomon's moved out of his 1/2 gallon and into a 2.5 bachelor pad.:D

Mar 11, 2003
Oh man, if you like the males you are going to LOVE the females. They are so sweet and seem to have more personality and...smarts than the males. LOL, just my opinion :). Congrats Solomon on the new tank ;).

Alexa

Scarab

Medium Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Really?? Wow...cool. The males seem to have so much personality...so if the females have more..wow! Yesterday she'd run away from me when my hand came near the tank. But today, still a little cautious, she's made the connection: hand = food. So when I come near now, she approaches. So cute! She looks a little like your avitar, except the very end of her tail fin is red.

Yeah...Solomon's king of his domain...lol. He says thanks. ;)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Congrats. Like Alexa said, girls each have their own personalities, however I would not say they are any smarter ;)

Reena is definately the queen of the roost, Shelby is more cautious, and Ruby is the life of the party. I love my girls!

The girls take a little more time to warm-up to people, maybe because they are mostly always in groups. Once seperated, they take a few days to get used to it, but when they do, they start to show their unique qualities.

Mar 11, 2003
Females can live together usually. I have had good luck with them in my 10 gallon (there are usually 5 or 6 of them in there). But others don't have such luck. The first 1-2 days they will be establishing a pecking order and will give each other bites to show whos boss. But any more violent aggression after a few days means you need to seperate.

Alexa

T/A

Large Fish
Aug 7, 2003
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
PreciousGems, how is your 10 gallon(with 5 females & 2 corys) set up. Do you have lots of plants and ornaments or is it bare to allow for the most swimming area? I am planning on having 5 females and 3 corys in a ten gallon, that would still be OK, right?