gourami and mirror

smurf

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2007
Canada
The other day my boyfriend and I decided that our fish tank needed some redecorating...we went to the fish store and things are SO overpriced there! We wanted a nice centerpeice with a lot of nice holes for them to hide in, but big holes so we could still keep track of them and so that they won't get stuck in little ones (I have one baby fish that if you give him a place to get stuck he will be sure to find it) Anyways after going to the store we decided to go anothe rout.... we built them a huge Pirates of the Caribean Lego set and that is now there home, way better than anythign you can find in the fish store! It has all the perfect hiding spots for them. Anyways, ontop of one of the towers is a mirror which is part of the set so we left it in there. For days no one took notice, but today the gourami did. I don't think he understands that he is looking at himself in the mirror but seems pretty interested. It's pretty interesting to watch.

I have heard that you shouldn't show a mirror to a bata so I was wondering am I gonna stress my gourami out by keeping it in there? (I am pretty sure this gourami is female) I would like to keep this up cuz its interesting to watch but not if its gonna be detremental to this fish. I would love to show you a picture but it seems like I have made them all too big, I will work on it.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
wow that must look really good. Showing a betta a mirror can stress them out but thats because they are fighting fish, im sure the gourami will be fine.

You can upload the pic on photobucket.com and paste the IMG tag and it will automatically show up :)
I would really love to see it!

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
DIY built stuff for the aquarium sometimes always works best because its built to the way you like it and not just another massproduced orlament.

Would love to see pics ! :)

smurf

Small Fish
Jan 14, 2007
Canada
There, I figured it out, I am better with fish then computers, here is my fish's new lego casle, they love it, but I did take the mirror out, I think poor gourami was getting to stressed (but its very interesting that only he took notice of th mirror and no other fish even gave it a second glance)