Gourami fights

I have two Red Dwarf Gouramis. One of them keeps chasing and biting the other, I keep a close watch and was hoping that it would end eventually but it doesn't seem to be. Today I came home from work and notice a spot on the one who gets attacked. I'm not sure what to do, do I get rid of the aggressor?

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
male gouramis WILL fight each other. I used to have gouramis. I actually raised a batch from little eggs floating int heir father's bubble nest. Then,...

My wife bought me a honey gourami...without checking with me first.

He killed several of my peaceful dwarf gouramis, and then he killed a molly, then I euthanized the murderous fish.

Gouramis can be very aggressive.

dax

Small Fish
Mar 27, 2006
Canada
I have two 3 spot gourmis and am having the same problem. I know they are females as their dorsal fin is rounded and short not pointed and long. The bigger one chases the smaller one. Try re-arranging your tank around and if that does not work then try to quarantine the aggressor, if that does not work then see if you can find another tank or home for him.

PS I have not resolved my bullying issue yet I am going to try quarantine the bully first if that does not work my local petstore will take him I think.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
cool. Since you are so out there with your Masonic affiliation, can I ask you if it is true what they say about the design of the street layout of Washington DC? I know it was done by a Mason. George Washington himself was a Mason, as were many of the "founding fathers" of the US.