Gourami Sick/Gourami Not Sick/Gourami Driving me Nuts!

nesthead

Small Fish
Nov 4, 2005
Hi everyone,
I want to know if I put medicine in the tank, and the fish aren't sick, would that do them any harm?

The reason I ask is this. I have two male dwarf gourami's, and I can't figure out if they're sick or if they're just being brats.

My little guy started taking up camp behind his rock about 3 weeks ago. He's there 90% of the time. He won't come to eat anymore, but I've seen him picking about on the bottom of the tank. So he must be munching on something.

My fatty who used to eat like it was his last day on earth is also now not that interested in eating, but he's still swimming around.

Neither have spots or holes or anything like that. It's not dropsy or velvet. The only things I can come up with are constipation or possibly bloat. But it's definitely not bloat for the little guy. I've been trying to find pictures online with no luck to see what it really looks like.

I've heard something about a boiled pea without the skin for constipation. Is that a real pea or is it a pea for a fish? (I'm so confused right now.) :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.