gourami tank..

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
in the future i would like to get a 40gal long (4ft long, 13 in wide and 16in high)
i would like to have these future inhabitants:1dojo, 2 badis badis, and hopefully a bunch of gourami

my question is....is there a type of grouping with gouramis (different types) that is possible

I am open to ALL suggestions...anything would help

thanks!

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
can i do something like two female pearls w 1 male pearl and the same for the cobalts? can i mix the two? also could i have 1 male dwarf gourami?

i know that the Trichogaster trichopterus (whether the blue, spotted, or opaline) i can only have one...even if its a female bc when they grow up they will fight even if they are females...is that right? but could i do a Trichogaster trichopterus with a different type of gourami in general?

what is the scientific name for the cobalt? is it a Trichogaster trichopterus (another name for the blue one...or are we talking about colisa lalia..the blue dwarf)?

sorry for all the questions...i just want to have a relatively peaceful tank...lol

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Yeah, the blue, spotted, or opaline gouramis are great fish. Stunning colors and markings. I believe it will grow to 5-6 inches in a tank.

I guess you'll just have to do more research on certain species to be certain of the mixing. Good luck. It sounds like an interesting tank!