Gourami today I hope!

My mom said that I could get a dwarf gourami today, and I just wanted to verify what I've heard before: I should only get one, right? I'm planning on getting the flame dwarf one btw.

Also, a bit off topic (who am I kidding, this has nothing to do with gouramis), does anyone know how to sex german rams? I didn't want to start a thread for that, it's a kinda dumb reason to start a thread! :eek:

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Yeah I think you definitely need some more plants and stuff, just to make it more visually appealing. You don't necessarily need some for the gourami though. Just buy some plastic/silk plants unless you want real ones. Make sure to get them in different heights too, so that they don't look so fake :p

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
Csilover said:
Also, a bit off topic (who am I kidding, this has nothing to do with gouramis), does anyone know how to sex german rams? I didn't want to start a thread for that, it's a kinda dumb reason to start a thread! :eek:
the wat to sex blue rams is rather simple i think, Males have most of the bright irridescent blue speckles inside of the black spots and the females almost always have a pink colored belly males do not.