Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Ok, its it a really dumb idea to have angelfish with gourami in a 38 gallon heavy planted tank with tons of hiding spots or are they just too incompatible?

I have a tall 38 gallon and 2 Pearl Gourami, and I would love to add a couple angel fish.

This is a live planted tank, filled with lots and lots of rocks and driftwood.

fishbrain

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Central NY, USA
www.geocities.com
I didn't vote, I don't know, but want to.
I'm interested in the outcome because I have a blue gourami in a tall tank (I believe mine is a 37gal) & would love to have an angel in there with her.

Pearls are known to really peaceful so maybe you have a chance.... Though, Angels can be aggressive (Blue Gouramis also).

Mar 24, 2004
gainesville, fl
plaza.ufl.edu
my dad tried this in his 29g...the angels grew a little and ended up PUNISHING the poor gold gourami. i wouldn't recommend it. 38g is a nice-sized tank, but it's not really "large" per se. i would say minmum 55g for that combination, and even then, i wouldn't recommend it.

May 11, 2003
Canada
I think that Pearl Gouramis and Angels would look great together, but I don't know how compatable they would be. I would definetly recommend doing this in a thickly planted tank, but I think you would probably need a 75 gallon tank to give both of these fish there space. Keep in mind that the Pearls will get 5 inches long and the Angels will top out at 6 inches when you stock your tank.