Gourami

May 12, 2005
TN
I am going to return some of my mollies today for some Gouramis(1 male,1female) I want to get my mom into fishkeeping by wowing her with a Gourami.
Needs to be pretty. Any advice?

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Yup, opaline or gold. The lace (pearl) gouramies are beautiful too, as are red-fire dwarf gouramies. I like the little yellow honey gouramies too.

Big Vine

Sep 16, 2005
neon dwarfs are pretty colorful too. and sunsets. and paradise fish are very elegant.

how about you wait on the gouramis until your mom can go and pick them out with you? then she can see all the different kinds there are and you can wow her in the store, before you even get them home?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I wouldn't get ANY gouramis unless you return ALL of the mollies. If you do, then get only a single dwarf... in a 10g, more than one would fight unless it was a male and a female, and female dwarfs are very hard to find and they are only a gray color. Any of the non-dwarf gouramis get too big for a 10g. A paradise fish would work INSTEAD of a gourami, but the tank would need to be very well covered... I had one jump out of a 10g, through the hole around the filter. A female betta would also work, either instead of a gourami or with a male dwarf gourami (not with a paradise fish).