Green Algae on tank

Ive noticed some spotty kind lime greenish algae? It is spotting up on the tank walls and ive been scrubbing it with a old clean sock but its pretty tough to get off what can I do about it? Also the same tank is very cloudy the tank is my seventy gallon, Ive made some mistakes such as putting in driftwood without sterilization

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
you can use a rasor blade to remove the algae or credit card, most pet stores sell razor blades attached to wands to help reach the depth of the tank without getting your arm soaked.

Cloudiness is a sign of one of two things a bacteria bloom, or poorly washed substrate.
So the question would be Is this tank new, did you rinse the substrate or did you just change over the substrate.
Or have you done anything to effect the bacteria of the tank (assuming its an established one) -ie. Cleaned the filter in un dechlorinated water. filled the tank up with unprepared water etc.

You can usually remove cloudiness by doing partial water changes, 20-50% at a time depending on the size of your tank. there really isnt any information about your tank that i can go by. Water stats, size how long its been set up etc?

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
If you ever get those blue semi-transluscent Discover Cards in the mail as advertisements, they work perfectly. They are rigid enough to scrape, not not rigid enough to scratch, even acrylic. ALso, my wife's Pampered Chef Cooking stone scrapers work wonders. Every cooking stone she buys she gets another scraper. I have one for each floor of the house now.