Green moss problem

BigSoxFan

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2006
Hello all was wondering if anyone had any products out there to get rid of green moss that is taking over my lr at first it look nice a lilttle patch on a big rock now it has turned into a big patch on lots of rock and looks really bad.

BigSoxFan

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2006
Yes lots of both about 40ish hermits and over 70 snails been up and running for over a year all levs are close to perfect. it a 75gal i dont think its a algea
but i am not 100% it looks just like moss my tang will not eat it (but he is spoiled). i have tried to pull it away and stip it off the rock but it just comes back. faster. and more of it. i will try and send a pic.

BigSoxFan

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2006
my last test for phos was about 3 days ago and it was less than .25ppm and i have no micro algae (that i know of) that hair algae i have seen in the past was not as thick as this is. im working on getting in a pic i need to use a friends cam. this stuff is starting to take over at almost an uncontrolable pace..

BigSoxFan

Small Fish
Feb 19, 2006
YES LORNA that is it it is not as bright, but thats it. 1979 i thought that as well so i added a phos remover for about 3 mnts and did not seam to slow down the growth at all.. So no that i know what it is (thank u so much)
i can read how to be rid of it .