GREEN tiger barbs?

E

Ed-Luvs-Meds

I was in wal-mart the other day and mother was taking her time so I decided to go to the pet supply section to find something to spoil my betta with, lol, and to my surprise they had some fish up for sale! -A new walmart I'd never been too- And I was looking to the fancy guppies (gotta love'm) when I spotted a sign that said "TIGER BARBS ->" and I was like, "oooooooooooh!" so I went to see and they had two kinds, regular tiger barbs and GREEN tiger barbs. They looked identical in body SHAPE but the green ones were literal green, emerald green and so pretty! Anyone have/know anything 'bout these? Are they good community fish? Etc...

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
They're natural...they've been selectively-bred to look that way. Same thing with albino tiger barbs which, in my opinion, are every bit as beautiful as the green variety.

I will make a home for these guys once I can afford a big enough tank someday. They are thicker-bodied fish (i.e. compared to say, tetras, for example) and they grow to about 3 inches in length. They're quite active and need to be in schools (5+ is probably best).

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone with less than a 20 gallon tank (unless you have an unusually long tank; as they will enjoy the swimming space).

Big Vine