Gross

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Well I haven't sat and observed my tank after 'lights out' for a while. Well I did tonight and got a surprise.

It doesn't look like it in the picture, but this guy was easily as big around as a pencil. Plus the part of him that was out was pretty long and I never saw the end. ...*shudder*. He was stealing food from the sun coral.
Brings to mind the picture someone posted a while back of the one that was like 12 feet long. :eek:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well they can regenerate from the remaining pieces if it were to break. I would try and trap it, I think that is the only way you are going to get him without breaking down your tank.......

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Yeah and it's not like it's in a nice piece of PVC either...it was coming out of this large piece of LR.
What's the harm in leaving him there? Besides the obvious..ick. Is this the 'bad' kind? He was kind of silvery and irridescent green.
If he needs to come out what methods do you suggest? A soda bottle?

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Eh, I'll probably just leave him and name him Hector.

And I definitely wasn't panicked....it was more like a "wow, I didn't know that was in there". I'd only want to get him out if he was the bad (coral eating) kind of worm.

Hehe...*laughingc I have several of those bristle worms residing in my main tank and I just recently found a couple of large ones in my sump...if you see one theres probly more ;) ....if you decide to get rid of them, the best method I've heard of is to put some food stuffs, shrimp pellets, mysis or some flakes, in side of some stockings (new ones :p ), knot them up weight them down and sink them into the tank after lights out. The next morning there should be some bristle worms trapped in the stockings, so just pull them out and discard....Problem solved ;)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yeah I think a couple fairy wrasses look much better than dead nylon stockings......hahaha....though I would give the stockings a go, sounds like a workable cheap trap.