Growth at tip of tail

Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
I posted this on a few other boards and no one seems to know what this is.

I have a male betta in a 3 gal. tank with undergravel filter and two live plants. This tank has been set up about 4 months and I do 25% water changes weekly.

Betta is swimming, eating and blowing bubble nests and gets fed betta pellets 2x a day. But he has a growth at the very tip of his tail that is about the size of his eye. The weird thing is that the growth seems to float, drawing the tail up.

I don't want to medicate for something that he doesn't have, so anyone with any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

fishdude07

Superstar Fish
Mar 30, 2004
Michigan
www.freewebs.com
does the "growth" look fuzzy? i had a problem with my moms betta...he had external parasites all over his fins...they were about the size of his eyes and they were all fuzzy...maybe they were a fungus...i never really found out. can you get any pics of this "growth" your betta has?

Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
growth specifics

The growth looks like a normal part of the tail. His tail is blue and red, so it is impossible to tell if the growth is red asa part of an infection or just his color. It appears like a small round balloon at the very tip of the tail.
It does not appear fuzzy or covered in spots. It appeared about 3 days ago.