guess who's back?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
:D ME! *celebrate lol.. anyways i wasn't gone very long was i? so i found my new tank and probably won't be outgrowing it and a really good deal.. i have a few questions for those of you who have a drilled tank..

gettin ready to drill my first tank ( 150gallon ) and have a few questions:
1. should i drill the "drain" holes in the bottom of the tank ( in the back wall the bottom is tempered)
2. where should i drill my return lines? about half way up the back wall or do i use the hang over method?
3. if anyone could post some pics of their tanks that are drilled so i can see the plumbing that would be great! thanks in advance

on the bad side, i just picked up a ASM G3 w/ the gate mod done but from what the guy says that im getting the tank from its not gonna be able to fit under the stand :( .. anyone know of a small skimmer that can do the job for 170gallons ( with sump ) .. any info here would be great! its good to be back *BOUNCINGS

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well the bottom is out as it is tempered.....I am not sure but would be interested in knowing also. congrats on the scoop...a 150g is a nice size

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
I drilled the sides near the top of my 'big' tank, and use 90 degree pipe bends as the two overflows. I'm not sure why people are so keen on drilling near the base.
How much height do you have to play with? Can you fit in an AquaC urchin? I am not familiar with reasonably priced skimmers in the US. I have a Schuran, if height was limited I'd use an AquaMedic shorty