Guide for beginners?

Aug 6, 2007
I would reaaally love to turn my 5g into a nano reef.
Or my 30g saltwater..

Theres lots of information here, I know, Ive read much of it.
But some of the equipment and such still manage to confuse the hell out of me..
But does anyone know a good site that has a guide for beginners?
:confused:

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
There are alot of good sights out there you just have to google it. Now after you have read the info and gotten a good idea of what it is you need to do people here don't mind answering anyquestions you may have. Lord knows I've asked plenty.

What are you still confused about? Maybe we can help you out, SW can be a little confusing at first and it seems to be a constant area for learning.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The best beginners book out there.....buy it "The New Marine Aquarium" by Michael Paletta. the best money spent and an easy to understand step by step guide to equipment and an easy to follow checklist......really the best, that and as Kahlua stated.....wetwebmedia

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
The best beginners book out there.....buy it "The New Marine Aquarium" by Michael Paletta. the best money spent and an easy to understand step by step guide to equipment and an easy to follow checklist
I just purchased that book last week, and WOW has it saved me having to ask a bunch of questions on here, It is definitely written with the novice in mind, but I bet some of the SW veterans on here have referenced it once or twice before :p

It really is worth purchasing, I'm totally new to SW fishkeeping myself, and so far, between that book and this forum, I've been able to get my first Nano Reef started, with minimal issues.

I'm not sure you actually need to find a "guide for beginners" Just read all the stickies (It's good stuff if you haven't read them already) Then just group all your questions, and start a thread here (If you haven't already) There are some VERY knowledgeable people on this forum, and generally you'll get pretty quick answers to all your ?'s (Maybe a lil' criticism from time to time too :p )