hair algae & blennies

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i searched the forums on hair algae and found that not only do lawnmower blennies eat hair algae, but others are known to also. does anyone know any blennies, aside from lawnmowers, that eat hair algae? i had a lawnmower blenny that recently died because he hopped into the overflow box and sustained a nasty wound. lawnmowers are kind of ugly and a bit big for my likes too. i wanna get a new blenny so if anyone knows anything about blennies, school me.

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
i know the exactly what caused the algae. i went on vacation over the summer and bought pellet food so that my neighbor could easily feed my tank. i figure they overfed because a week after i got home from vacation the hair algae started showing up. i kind of like the hair algae but anyone else that sees my tank complains, so i figure a fish that will eat it would be good. that way, i can still have some in my tank and i'll have a fish that controls it.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have a bi-color blenny and it is constantly nibbling on the sides and back of my tank eating algae....not sure if they are good for hair algae though...what about snails?