Happy Dwarf Gourami

simplyfish

Medium Fish
Feb 18, 2008
My nice shiny tank was cycled time to start adding some nice colourful fish to brighten up my tank. I absolutely love Dwarf Gourami, not just the big btight male but the beautiful delicately coloured ladies too.

Popped out to my regular supplier and got a beautiful pair of DGs, unfortunately the female never settled in the tank, after 5 days she still wouldn't eat and finally just lay on a leaf and stopped swimming.

After watching the big fella floating round the tank lookng a little bit lost for a day decided to pop out and get him some new friends, I'd read that 2 females was a better ratio so went on a hunt and found two new friends for him.

Well within 20 seconds of dropping the bag into the water he was as happy as a kid in a candy shop and desperate to play. Looked so cute I took a couple of pictures. I've not got to grips with this aquatic photography so bear with the poor quality but you get the message.

Thaks to everyone for the advice I've been given and read off other peoples posts, I look forward to sharing this new passion of mine with everyone on the board.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/simplyfish/104.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/simplyfish/101.jpg

ravichr

Medium Fish
Apr 18, 2005
Mansfield, CT
I got a Dwarf Gourami for my tank a few days back. I absolutely love him. He is very active and keeps patrolling the front of the tank. Sometimes the Cory bumps in to him and he gives the cory a small chase. I will be waiting for a couple of weeks before I introduce another fish.

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I FINALLY found a shop that sells the female gouramis! Though it's Petcetera *sobs* and I'm scared to buy anything from them.

I'm glad yours are doing well!

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I know. I won't buy from them don't worry. I've been screwed over by the big chains enough to stick to the local and fish only shops.

Simplyfish: He does look happy!

simplyfish

Medium Fish
Feb 18, 2008
Well he is the undoubted king of the tank, he swims around like a lord occasionally chasing his girls but otherwise quite calm.

The girls can be a bit touchy sometimes, got a bit carried away with new plants and driftwood and cramped the space a bit, they started nipping my angels then. Once I had thinned out the decs all ok again. Would have expected him to be aggresive but no sign of that, just the ladies.

I have to say I know they are plainer than the males but they are still beauties.