hardiness???

T/A

Large Fish
Aug 7, 2003
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
Are female Bettas any hardier than male Bettas? I really like personality of Bettas, but I really haven't had luck with the males. So I was thinking of trying a female.

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Females are as tough as the males. They are slightly more calm than males, and scare easier.

However, the older they get the more territorial they get, just like the males, but not so much.

They are less prone to fin-rot and fin-nipping than males.

Sometimes they are hard to find at stores, they sell out quite quickly around here anyway.

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Ya tellme about being hard to find at stores...I just lost one about 2 weeks ago and I would really like to get a new one but the stores around here don't have them and one store tried to pass off a juvinile male as a female.....idiots, gotta learn their fish...lol...as for hardiness I find that my female tend to last longer than my males, I have 5 males (one sick that I unfourtunatly have to put down :( ) and now 2 females....damn bettas are addictive, they are just so beautiful and full of attitude, gotta love them...it's just too bad they figt or I would have a tank full of just bettas...