hardy corals?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
260 watt pc's, 55 gallon tank, the fish are just a pair of maroon clowns and the mandrin, as for inverts just the normal cleanup crew peppermint shrimp, emerald crab, brittle star, various hermits, no fuge but i told my girl i wanted a sump/fuge for valentines day so im keeping my fingers crossed

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
You should be fine with most softies.....and some LPS such as the euphylia's (torch, frogspawn, hammer) all mushrooms and polyps. Maybe even a candycane??

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i know i can keep any of that i was just wondering based on personal experiance as far as corals go what do you consider the most hardy coral (besides xenia/gsp,zoos,shrooms)

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Montipora digitata is pretty bullet. Mushrooms, zo's , yellow polyps are pretty easy, mushrooms ok I guess. Turbinaria is another hardy stony. Xenia can be hit or miss, ditto euphyllia, though my euphyllia has withstood some abuse

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have some great pieces of Monti. digitata...both bright orange and purple and also some acro. formosa green bali slimer that are doing fine....though I do have mh lighting......you should be okay and easy with the candycane too......some favia's, plates.....they are all possible depending where you place them.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
FishGeek said:
Out of my own curiosity what Montiporas Salty??? And what special things do they need??

Montipora's are an SPS coral that come in a variety of colors/shapes... some are encrusting, others more of a branching type. THey require medium lighting and waterflow, proper calcium and strontium levels and will benifit from other trace eliments.

TRe, how many heads are on the candycane and how big is it?