Has Anyone had success with Dropsy?

Drain

Small Fish
Mar 25, 2005
So far I have only had one case and this guy happened to get it while I was out of town. So by the time I got home and noticed he was a porcupine balloon it was too late to even try and start possible treatments.

Has anyone had a Betta survive dropsy?

Mar 11, 2003
I've never heard of a betta surviving dropsy. They say you can save them if its caught early enough, but I'm not sure how you'd even know it was dropsy since by the time you can tell its dropsy, its too late. Sorry about your fish, I've sure lost plenty of mine to dropsy...

Alexa

Drain

Small Fish
Mar 25, 2005
Dropsy is so annoying. My guy actually lived through it happily enough until his last 2 days. I found him when I came home from a party on the bottom of the tank all blown up. Very sad.

Mar 30, 2005
I had an albino tiger barb that survived dropsy- I had noticed he was acting a little peculiar...not his *usual* self (not active, not schooling, not eating, yet getting a slightly swollen abdomen), so in anticipation of him being sick, I switched him into a tank by himself & treated him. He swelled up VERY large in comparison to his normal self, was ballooned for about 2 days, then shrunk again & began eating. Didn't think he was gonna make it! Poor guys scales were standing out....looks painful :eek: