He doesn't like anything

usacutie81

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Simon the beta doesn't seem to like any of the food I've been giving him. I've tried regular flake food, blood worms, and something else that I don't remember (tannish, slightly powdery/crumbly). He just kinda floats around and looks at it. Every once in a while he'll pick at it and spit it back out. When I first got him he was eating just fine, especially the blood worms. Is there something else I should try? He's very healthy, still swimming around happy, just not really eating - that I've seen. He does pick at the bottom, though, like a little bottom feeder, which I thought was weird.

usacutie81

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
alrighty, I'll try some of the nasty stuff (aka frozen). Good idea on the samples. They make enough money off me, I'm sure they'd be willing to give a sample. Yuck. I won't be able to get out there for a few days though, so stay tuned...

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
My crowntail Conky never ate anything when I first got him, but I kept putting a few pellets in there every few days and now he eats them xD I guess he got hungry enough to lose that stubborn-ness! My other betta won't eat anything but those pellets either and occasionally a guppy fry, so I guess they really develop preferences.

Just try to find something it'll eat and stick with it or don't give up on what you're giving him until he gets hungry enough to eat it. xD