Heater Question

Oct 15, 2006
Get the Visi-Therm Stealth. The Deluxe model is nice and reliable, but the Stealth model is a complete black, making it easier to hide, and has an overheat auto shut off mode and an idiot switch in case it is left out of water and plugged in. Unfortunately, there is no lamp to show that it is functioning...

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Make sure to pick up a tank thermometer with that new heater. Heater settings are often unreliable. i.e. if you set it at 78 on the heater, the tank might be 85. You don't want to cook your fish.

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Before you go to Petsmart, make sure you print out from their website the item you want. The prices are always cheaper, and with the print out, they'll honor the on line price. I've saved on everything from a heater, test kits, and fake plants.*thumbsups

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I like the Jager heaters, but they're not as good as when they were Ebo-Jagers and lasted forever. The newer ones, since the company got bought out, are good, but not like in the old days.

I had a Stealth die on me, so I'm not so happy with them.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
lauraj said:
Before you go to Petsmart, make sure you print out from their website the item you want. The prices are always cheaper, and with the print out, they'll honor the on line price. I've saved on everything from a heater, test kits, and fake plants.*thumbsups

Good advise....I did this twice and got my two Visi-Therm Stealths 50% off regular price.

Word of advise though: print out several different kinds in case one is not in stock.