heater questions

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
alright so i have a 75 gal tank, im new to the fish tank journey and i really would love to get more into it, but i dont have a heater and i have to wait till friday to get one, should my tropical fish be fine until then, the water is about maybe 65 degrees

Mar 9, 2009
Culpeper, VA
www.myspace.com
well haha i have a alot of different, some i dont really know because my mom was like "hey ill just go buy a bunch and put them in Hunter's tank"

but what i bought was a green spotted puffer, a golden dojo, a dragon fish, 4 water frogs, 2 black snails, 2 pecos

Oh, wow, um, I would say return the puffer, the dojo, the dragon fish, and one pleco.
The puffer will get too large and to my knowledge should be kept alone. It is not a beginner fish for sure.
The dojo loach can get up to one foot long.
The dragon fish also gets too large (two feet).
The plecos (I'm assuming they are common plecos) can also reach over one foot.

Remember, before you buy a fish, research if it is compatible with your tank and other fish and check on how to care for it.

If you can't return them to where you got them, try Petco or Petsmart. They usually take fish (but for free).

Edit: The clown knife fish can reach 40". That is way too big for your tank.

Yeaaaah, :), I know. It's hard to not buy a bunch of fish because they are so small now. But the ones you have in there will never be able to stay together. If you want, you might be able to get away with just having the puffer and a pleco. But the current combination will cause you trouble. They are all huge fish and you are just a beginner. Take is slow, or else you will be disappointed.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
KB is right on the money, you have made all the mistakes of a noob in one day..lol, but dont worry we dont want your money and have nothing to gain from giving advice, we are just passing on the collective experiences of ourselves and others, I for one think you need to do alot of research and then get what you really want. Dont buy out of impulse this will always lead to trouble. I am all for the fish you want, you are probably going to end up losing them unless you cycle properly first, large fish while aggressive and fun to watch seem to succumb to water problems quickly and they contribute to those problems as well. A tank full of large/aggressive fish is (normally) a recipe for disaster for numerous reasons.

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
haha yeah, i just want more and more but my pay check doesnt always allow that
Lol, well it will once you quit buying everything the fish lady recommends. ;) She definitely saw you coming.

Don't worry, though, we'll get you straightened out and maybe you'll have money for the fish you want after all... once you figure out which one they are. :)